I know there are many things that deserve your time, talent, and treasure and I’m so grateful that you’ve taken a little time to learn more about what Running for Nana is all about.
Thanks to incredibly generous donors and family matches, together we have raised over $80,000 since 2016 in the fight against C. difficile through Running for Nana. Each dollar has directly supported either Achieving Cures Together or the University of Minnesota’s Microbiota Therapeutics program – two of the pioneers in C. diff research. It has been the journey of a lifetime, and we couldn’t have done this without you. Thanks to philanthropic support:
- Over 590 patients with recurrent C. diff that could not be cured with standard antibiotics have been successfully treated at the University of MN through the fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) procedure – all at no cost to the patient. In 2020, the team hopes to share the treatment with clinicians across the US.
- The MTP developed capsules of the FMT treatment, making it more accessible to fight recurrent C. diff.
- As the team has expanded and manufacturing costs have come down, they have increased their ability to provide the capsules for critical clinical trials. The team manufactures the therapeutic microbiota in accordance with GMP protocols, which are required for all pharmaceuticals.
- There are five active research trials utilizing the treatment including the MATCH Trial, which is a multi-center, placebo-controlled study at the VA. This is the largest study of its kind. The team continues to explore uses for the treatment beyond C. diff, and the other active trials are for patients with advanced liver disease, autism, ulcerative colitis, and intensive chemotherapy.
- The MTP also has 3 additional research trials expected soon.
In 2020, we’re partnering again with Achieving Cures Together (ACT) for the Third Annual Running for Nana team at the Colfax Marathon Weekend! We’d be so honored if you’d join our team to raise awareness and funds for ACT! Whether you’re ready to walk, run, handcycle, or do cartwheels, we want you on our team.
Please click here to register for the race (5K, 10-mile, marathon relay, half marathon, or full marathon) that sounds most fun to you! Once in the registration page, simply select Achieving Cures Together from the drop down menu (see below) to join the team:
Once you sign up, you’ll receive an email in the week or so after with additional details from Emily. We would love to have you as part of this very fun weekend!
All that said, we completely understand if running isn’t your thing. In addition to raising awareness and having a blast, our goal for 2020 is to raise $20,000 together for Achieving Cures Together. These funds will directly go to Achieving Cures Together and every dollar will support their innovative treatment to patients facing C. difficile and other awful conditions.
If you would like to “Run for Nana” (without running) and help us fight C. diff, please click here to visit the ACT fundraising page here.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about how your donation will make an impact, and I will gladly connect you directly with the ACT Team. Thank you so very much for your consideration!!